Location: Omaha NE
EEO Classification: First/Mid Offs & Mgrs.
Position Status: Full Time
Salary Grade: $46,820.00 - $70,750.00
FLSA Classification: Exempt- exempt from overtime
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Payroll & Benefits Specialist will serve as the subject matter expert on employment law in regards to payroll related matters, benefit plan documents and employee benefit laws. Responsible for performing a variety of payroll/benefit administration and support duties to the Controller. This position is also responsible for the day-to-day accounting activities and month end trial balance reconciliations of Outlook Business Solutions and Outlook Enrichment. This associate assists in maintaining the payroll and benefit records and files for all Outlook associates. Handles payroll processing through TIME IPS time recording system; tracks, records and processes payroll information for the bi-weekly payroll. Completes assigned reporting functions involving attendance, termination, hire and status changes in associate’s employment and benefits. The associate provides recommendations regarding the development and administration of payroll policies and programs. Educates associates of payroll policies and benefits changes as needed. This position will work in the areas of payroll, benefit and financial accounting.
This associate plays an integral role in supporting the mission of the organization by being an active participant in the overall development of Outlook associates. The Payroll & Benefits Specialist consults with the Controller to establish learning objectives and goals; mentors; coaches; and assesses the impact. The facilitator in this position is also responsible to maintain professional and personal development of one’s self by attending educational workshops; participating in leadership training, reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks in and outside of the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned).
- Oversees the human resource and payroll module in the company’s database system.
- Enters new hire information into the system database and timeclock system.
- Ensures benefit and payroll files and records are maintained in accordance with legal requirements and company policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with state and federal regulations, including but not limited to ACA, ADA, and employee compensation.
- Draft, write, and interpret plan documents that will describe any benefit changes.
- Serve as the first point of contact for employees with questions or concerns relating to benefits and payroll.
- Act as the liaison between the company’s internal customers and the benefits broker when necessary.
- Generate data fulfilling company audits as well as NIB quarterly and annual data reporting.
- Ensures timely and accurate dissemination of healthcare benefit disclosure notices during annual open enrollment and individual eligibility.
- Monitors open enrollment periods for associate’s participation eligibility in company retirement plan, distributes enrollment packets as required.
- Collaborates with Controller on 401(k) administration including managing enrollment and fielding associate’s questions regarding eligibility, vesting, and plan updates.
- Evaluates associate eligibility for COBRA continuation health care coverage
- Tracks associate eligibility for healthcare coverage, assists with electronic enrollment of eligible associates into company sponsored plans.
- Processes employment and wage verification forms.
- Responsible for the orientation of new associates on benefits and payroll policies and procedures. Supports department personnel as needed.
- Responsible for calculating, posting, and verifying accurate financial duties to obtain and record timely and accurate financial data for use in maintaining accounting and regulatory reporting.
- Oversee the day-to-day accounting functions of entities as assigned to ensure the accurate and timely processing of accounting information.
- Supervises the accounting associate and reviews all purchasing batches for OBS and OE.
- Prepare, compile and complete daily, monthly, and quarterly reports as requested.
- Coordinates with all organization's departments as required. Answers questions and provides assistance.
- Accountability and continuous improvement. Ability to make timely and effective decisions and produce results through strategic planning and the implementation and evaluation of programs and policies.
- Decision making - Ability of thinking through a process and arriving to a consensus, either by one’s self or collaborating with others, and following through with that action.
- Dependability/Reliability - Maintains punctuality enabling the successful performance of job related tasks.
- Detail Oriented - Verifies important details, ensures there are no surprises or gaps in needed information.
- Ethical Practice - The ability to integrate core values, integrity and accountability throughout all organizational and business practices. Has the ability to developed trusting relationships and is seen as credible because of one’s judgment relating to confidentiality, consistently ethical behavior and ability to hold to a core set of values while making decisions under political and social pressures.
- Initiative - Does more than is required or expected in the job; performs work that has not been directed, plans ahead for upcoming problems or opportunities and takes appropriate action.
- Interpersonal Communications/Relationships - Ability to identify, understand, and anticipate the emotions, concerns and thoughts of others. Promotes a friendly climate by maintaining cooperation, pride, trust, and team spirit. Reflects a positive attitude, promotes teamwork, speaks positively about others, and treats others with respect.
- Maintain Confidentiality - Respects the confidentiality of information or concerns shared by others.
- Quality - Monitors own work to ensure quality. Meets productivity standards while completing assigned duties in a timely manner.
- Relationship Management - The ability to manage interactions to provide service and support the organization. Demonstrates the ability to establish credibility in a wide range of interactions, develop healthy relationships that promote individual and organizational success, and build an effective internal and external network.
- Teamwork - Actively participates in team. Encourages co-operation. Aware of needs of others and responds flexibly. Shares information and supports team members.
- Thoroughness - Ensuring that one's own work and information is complete and accurate.
- Written communication - Ability to effectively communicate with the written word., involving the use of proper grammar, spelling and punctuation.
Required Education – Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Accounting, preferred
- 5 Years Payroll Processing experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Outlook Express, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Knowledge of GP Dynamics and Payroll Processing software a plus