Location: Omaha NE
Position Status: Full Time Salary Grade: $16.00 - $21.00
FLSA Classification: Non Exempt- receives overtime
This position is responsible for the operations of industrial forklifts across multiple locations throughout the organization, in a support (Floater) role, to meet various company demands as needed. The associate in this position is required to demonstrate flexibility in hours worked, and can expect varied shift hours and working overtime as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned).
- Meets the daily conveyed goals set by the Inventory
- Manager or Inventory/Converting Facilitator.
- Transport finished products from the Converting sector of the facility to the warehousing storage location.
- Utilizes the company’s bar coding system in capturing data of finished goods, followed by designating specific storage locations within the warehouse.
- Maintains a safe workplace for all employees.
- Participates in training meetings as needed for safety, quality, or other needs.
- Manually or mechanically load or unloads materials from pallets, skids, platforms, cars, lifting devices, or other transport vehicles.
- Required to have flexibility in a varying shift to cover absences and vacancies.
- Pre stage and prep parent rolls for production
Secondary Responsibilities Include:
- Picking and assembling product onto pallets to meet customer order specifications.
- Performs the operation of the shrink wrap machine securing finished goods onto shipping pallets.
- Assist in the manual loading of parent rolls into paper production machines.
- Decision Making – Ability of thinking through a process and arriving to a consensus, either by one’s self or collaborating with others, and following through with that action.
- Dependability/Reliability – Maintains punctuality enabling the successful performance of job-related tasks.
- Forward Thinking - The ability to anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
- Honesty/integrity - Displays behavior that is ethical and honest serving as a role model for others and perform actions that demonstrate their values.
- Initiative – Does more than is required or expected in the job; performs work that has not been directed, Plans ahead for upcoming problems or opportunities and takes appropriate action.
- Personal Accountability - Assumes personal accountability for general work duties, achieving goals, meeting deadlines, and fulfills commitments to all team members. Accepts responsibility for both good and bad performance and behavior and applies constructive feedback to improve.
- Personal Motivation - sets personal goals which are challenging but achievable. Pursues these with energy, persistence and determination. Enthusiastic and committed to improving personal performance levels.
- Quality - Monitors own work to ensure quality. Meets productivity standards while completing assigned duties in a timely manner.
- Resourcefulness – Ability to get things done in the face of obstacles and constraints by identifying what’s in front of one and optimizing available means.
- Results Driven - Meets or exceed specific goals and objectives focusing on results, not the process, and leverages resources and solves problems creatively to get the job done.
- Teamwork - actively participates in team. Encourages co-operation. Aware of needs of others and responds flexibly. Shares information and supports team members.
Required Education - Experience
- Must be able to pass the Forklift Operators written and driving test.
- Basic mathematical skills and written skills