Location: Omaha NE
EEO Classification: Professionals
Position Status: Full Time
Salary Grade: $22.00 – $31.00
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt - receives overtime
Summary of Position:
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing routine maintenance and repairs on converting machines to ensure optimal functionality and minimize downtime. This Technician is involved in conducting inspections, collaborating with production teams to schedule maintenance tasks, and utilizing various tools and equipment for accurate and safe maintenance. The Maintenance Technician also assists in the installation of new machinery.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform routine maintenance and repairs on a variety of converting machines to ensure optimal functionality and minimize downtime.
- Diagnose mechanical and electrical issues, troubleshoot problems, and implement effective solutions promptly.
- Conduct regular inspections of machinery to identify potential issues and prevent breakdowns.
- Collaborate with the production team to schedule maintenance tasks that align with production schedules.
- Utilize hand and power tools, as well as specialized equipment, to perform maintenance tasks accurately and safely.
- Maintain accurate records of maintenance activities, including repairs, parts used, and maintenance schedules.
- Assist in the installation and setup of new machinery, ensuring proper calibration and functionality.
- Operate MS Office programs to log maintenance activities, communicate via email, and generate reports.
- Adhere to all safety protocols and guidelines to create a secure work environment for all employees.
- Creativity/innovation - Open to new ideas and innovation. Willing to question the status quo and implement new processes when necessary.
- Decision-Making - Ability to think through a process and arrive at a consensus, either individually or by collaborating with others. Follow through with that action.
- Dependability/Reliability – Maintain punctuality enabling the successful performance of job-related tasks.
- Detail Oriented - Verify important details, ensures there are no surprises or gaps in needed information.
- Forward Thinking - The ability to anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action to be prepared for possible solutions.
- Honesty/integrity - Display behavior that is ethical and honest. Serve as a role model for others and perform actions that demonstrate mission values.
- Initiative - Do what is required or expected in the job. Perform work that has not been directed. Plan ahead for upcoming problems or opportunities and take appropriate action.
- Personal Accountability - Assume personal accountability for general work duties, achieving goals, meeting deadlines, and fulfilling commitments to all team members. Accept responsibility for both good and bad performance and behavior. Apply constructive feedback to improve.
- Personal Motivation - Set personal goals which are challenging but achievable. Pursue goals with energy, persistence, and determination. Display enthusiasm and commitment to improving personal performance levels.
- Persuasive Communication - The ability to plan and deliver oral and written communications that make an impact and persuade intended audiences.
- Problem Solving - Takes proactive approaches to address challenging issues whenever they emerge. Empower others to seek information that improves their ability to develop and assess a variety of potential solutions to resolve challenges.
- Resourcefulness – Ability to complete difficult tasks in the face of obstacles and constraints by identifying issues and optimizing available means to resolve the problem.
- Results Driven - Meet or exceed specific goals and objectives focusing on results, not the process. Leverage resources and solve problems creatively to get the job done.
- Self Confidence – Has faith in one’s own ideas and has the capability to be successful; willingness to take an independent position in the face of opposition.
- Teamwork - Actively participates in operations activities. Encourages co-operation. Aware of needs of others and responds flexibly. Shares information and supports team members.
Qualifications and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical or vocational training in mechanical or electrical fields is preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in maintenance roles, preferably in a manufacturing or production environment with converting or paper producing machines.
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude, with the ability to diagnose and repair machinery issues effectively.
- Proficiency in operating MS Office programs for documentation and communication purposes.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, displaying strong initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail to maintain accurate maintenance records.
- Effective communication skills to interact with team members, supervisors, and other departments.
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed to address urgent maintenance requirements.
- Ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Capable of standing, walking, bending, and reaching for extended periods.
- Comfortable working in an industrial environment that may include exposure to noise, dust, and varying temperatures.