Location: Omaha NE
EEO Classification: Labors and Helpers
Position Status: Full Time
Salary Grade: $15.75 - $18.75
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt - receives overtime
Summary of Position:
The General Laborer plays a crucial role in our manufacturing operation. They are responsible for assisting in the operations of machinery, participating in product assembly and packaging, handling materials, maintaining a safe and clean work environment, supporting inventory management, and working collaboratively with the team to achieve production targets. This role also involves strict adherence to quality control standards, and compliance with company policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned).
- Assist team members in the operations of various manufacturing machines.
- Contribute to the assembly and packaging of products.
- Sort and stack materials, both raw and finished products.
- Follow safety protocols.
- Maintain a clean and hazard-free work environment.
- Monitor and report any equipment malfunctions or safety hazards.
- Collaborate with team members and supervisors.
- Cross-train in various areas of production and warehousing to provide flexibility in job roles.
- Ensure product quality and safety standards are met.
- Adhere to quality control measures and report any defects or issues promptly.
- Assist in the loading and unloading of raw materials and finished products in the warehousing section.
- Follow all company policies and procedures regarding safety, attendance, and conduct.
- Decision-making - Ability of thinking through a process and arriving to a consensus, either by one’s self or collaborating with others, and following through with that action.
- Dependability/Reliability – Maintains punctuality enabling the successful performance of job related tasks.
- Flexibility - Openness to different and new ways of doing things; willingness to modify one's preferred way of performing tasks.
- Forward Thinking - The ability to anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
- Initiative – Does more than is required or expected in the job; performs work that has not been directed, plans ahead for upcoming problems or opportunities and takes appropriate action.
- Personal Accountability - Assumes personal accountability for general work duties, achieving goals, meeting deadlines, and fulfills commitments to all team members. Accepts responsibility for both good and bad performance and behavior and applies constructive feedback to improve.
- Teamwork - Actively participates in team. Encourages co-operation. Aware of needs of others and responds flexibly. Shares information and supports team members.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing or production environment is preferred.
- Ability to assist team members in operating machinery and equipment safely and efficiently.
- Basic knowledge of warehouse operations and material handling a plus.
- Strong attention to detail and quality control.
- Effective communication and teamwork skills.
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced and dynamic production environment.
- Knowledge of safety regulations and the ability to follow safety guidelines.
- Punctuality and a strong work ethic.
- Flexibility to work various shifts and overtime as needed.