Location: Omaha NE
EEO Classification: Professionals
Position Status: Full Time
Salary Grade: $22.00 – $35.00
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt - receives overtime
Summary of Position
The Electromechanical Technician is a versatile problem-solver with expertise in mechanical, electrical, and industrial maintenance. Known for emergency repairs, scheduled upkeep, and meticulous record-keeping. Their resourceful approach utilizes available resources effectively. A proactive leader in planned maintenance, collaborating cross-functionally and fostering positivity. Proficient in troubleshooting electrical/control systems, mechanical systems, and machining. Strong advocate for safety, reliability, and innovation, consistently surpassing goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned).
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment and perform scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Read, interpret, and comprehend equipment manuals. Complete work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Maintain detailed documentation of maintenance schedules, electrical schematics, equipment installations.
- Champion planned and preventative maintenance efforts. Record all maintenance activities in maintenance database.
- Assist Converting Manager in production related projects as required. Assist Facility Manager with facility and site maintenance efforts.
- Support and develop associate involvement moving forward the mission. Assume a leadership role in developing a positive work environment.
- Adhere to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Develop technical skills for operations personnel.
- Organize, maintain, and manage spare parts inventory. Follow maintenance policies and procedures while adhering to the maintenance budget.
- Achieve cost savings through maximizing the utilization of current and future suppliers, vendors and contractors while identifying additional efficiency opportunities.
- Recognize and correct equipment problems to minimize downtime and maximize production.
- Lead or aid in design of converting equipment on the converting floor.
- Plan and execute the effective use of resources.
- Maintain a clean and orderly environment conducive to safe work habits.
- Collaborate and network with outside vendors.
- Propose safeguards and advocate for a safe work environment.
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds.
- Creativity/innovation - Open to new ideas and innovation. Willing to question the status quo and implement new processes when necessary.
- Decision-Making - Ability to think through a process and arrive at a consensus, either individually or by collaborating with others. Follow through with that action.
- Dependability/Reliability – Maintain punctuality enabling the successful performance of job-related tasks.
- Detail Oriented - Verify important details, ensures there are no surprises or gaps in needed information.
- Forward Thinking - The ability to anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action to be prepared for possible solutions.
- Honesty/integrity - Display behavior that is ethical and honest. Serve as a role model for others and perform actions that demonstrate mission values.
- Initiative - Do what is required or expected in the job. Perform work that has not been directed. Plan ahead for upcoming problems or opportunities and take appropriate action.
- Personal Accountability - Assume personal accountability for general work duties, achieving goals, meeting deadlines, and fulfilling commitments to all team members. Accept responsibility for both good and bad performance and behavior. Apply constructive feedback to improve.
- Personal Motivation - Set personal goals which are challenging but achievable. Pursue goals with energy, persistence, and determination. Display enthusiasm and commitment to improving personal performance levels.
- Persuasive Communication - The ability to plan and deliver oral and written communications that make an impact and persuade intended audiences.
- Problem Solving - Takes proactive approaches to address challenging issues whenever they emerge. Empower others to seek information that improves their ability to develop and assess a variety of potential solutions to resolve challenges.
- Resourcefulness – Ability to complete difficult tasks in the face of obstacles and constraints by identifying issues and optimizing available means to resolve the problem.
- Results Driven - Meet or exceed specific goals and objectives focusing on results, not the process. Leverage resources and solve problems creatively to get the job done.
- Self Confidence – Has faith in one’s own ideas and has the capability to be successful; willingness to take an independent position in the face of opposition.
- Teamwork - Actively participates in operations activities. Encourages co-operation. Aware of the needs of others and responds flexibly. Shares information and supports team members.
Required Education - Experience:
- Degree or certification in mechanical, electrical, or industrial maintenance from an accredited institution or equivalent work experience in mechanical/electrical field.
- Preferred manufacturing/maintenance experience.
- Working knowledge of electrical and controls systems with troubleshooting experience.
- Working knowledge of mechanical systems and machining/fabrication equipment.
- MS Office experience. Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook knowledge.
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Must possess excellent communication and organizational skills across departments.