*Note these services are in high demand currently. Delivery might be delayed even up to several days.You may also not be able to use SNAP benefits with many of these services. Contact individual vender to verify which services are available and SNAP compatible.*
- Hy-Vee Aisles Online – order via website or app
- Hy-Vee, in partnership with DoorDash, will offer free grocery delivery to people 60 and older, as well as expectant mothers and those considered high risk for COVID-19. This will be available in communities where Hy-Vee Aisles Online delivery orders are fulfilled by DoorDash. The promotion with DoorDash can be used for any available Hy-Vee Aisles Online time slot and will cover as many as 20,000 free deliveries. If you fall into a high-risk category, please use promo code SPECIALDELIVERY at checkout and the $9.95 delivery fee will be discounted from your final total.
- Instacart – shop several retailers, including all leading grocers, via the Instacart app or website. Like a personal shopping service that delivers. Instacart offers gift cards that could be used by someone to place your order for delivery if you aren’t tech savvy. Local Instacart retailers include: Costco, Bakers, Aldi, Natural Grocer’s, Fresh Thyme, Family fare, CVS, HyVee, Sam’s Club, Petco
- Omaha Secret Helpers Grocery Delivery: Omaha Secret Helpers is an Omaha based organization. It includes a group of volunteers from the Omaha area working to bring groceries and supplies to those in high-risk demographics. Our focus includes but isn’t limited to the elderly and those who are immunocompromised. To request grocery delivery or volunteer, follow the link. https://www.omahasecrethelpers.com/
- Shopping Angels: We are a grocery delivery program that focuses on preventing the spread of COVID-19 to at-risk individuals. If you or anyone you may know are 60+ years of age, parents of young infants, or have heart, lung, or immune conditions that put you at high-risk, our services are available for you! To receive assistance, or request assistance for a loved one:
- CONTACT US by filling out our registration form. You can scan the code above, or get in touch via one of the following contact methods:
CALL: (402) 804-2051
- CONNECT WITH YOUR ANGEL: Once completing the form, your Shopping Angel will get in touch with you within a few days to discuss delivery details, to include your list of items, a budget, and delivery date/time.
- DELIVERY: Your items will be delivered at your doorstep. Payment for the items themselves is required via cash. Alternative payment methods may be arranged on a case by case basis with your Angel! You only pay for what is on the receipt - no extra delivery fees or charges! Wal-Mart does take EBT for payment of food items only and Baker's will be adding it very soon.
- Uber and Lyft will deliver groceries. Uber and Lyft gift cards are available for purchase at grocery and drug stores.
- Target – Call guest services for help placing orders by phone (800) 591-3869 or order online and utilize Uber or Lyft to pick up your order.
- Walmart – You may use SNAP benefits to pay for groceries if you do grocery pick up from store.
Senior Shopping Hours for Multiple Stores (pdf 59kb)