Use your leadership experience in warehouse or manufacturing operations to help create jobs and build skills for workers who are visually impaired. Outlook Nebraska, a nonprofit social enterprise, is seeking a Second-Shift Production Supervisor (Converting Facilitator) for our paper converting operation in Omaha. Manage a diverse team using cutting-edge technology to make products for government and commercial markets.
Hours & Wages
Shift hours are 3 p.m.-11 p.m., Monday through Friday. Base salary of $21.00-$27.50 per hour with a $1.00 an hour differential wage.
Our comprehensive benefit plan includes full family medical, dental, vision, long- and short-term disability insurance and a flex spending account or health savings account. We provide basic employee life insurance, which you can choose to supplement at your cost. We also offer a 401(k) retirement plan, as well as 8 paid holidays per year, one of which is your birthday!
This supervisor plays an integral role in supporting the mission of the organization by being an active participant in the overall development of Outlook associates that report to this position. The supervisor consults with the Human Resources Department regarding the selection of staff development programs; establishes learning objectives and goals; mentors; coaches; and assesses the impact. The supervisor in this position is also responsible for maintaining professional and personal development of oneself by attending educational workshops; participating in leadership training, reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks in and outside of the company.
They collaborate with converting associates and managers to solve work-related concerns. Carry out daily operations in the manufacturing of paper products. Estimate material, time, and staffing requirements for a given project, based on work orders, job specifications, and experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Set up and operations of machinery for daily use and perform maintenance as needed.
- Coach associates on continued development in an adaptive environment.
- Must be physically present on the converting floor 90%of the time to enhance safety, teamwork, development and production.
- Monitor and communicate clearly with all team members.
- Provide detailed documentation of required product specification reporting.
- Meet daily team goals based upon information provided by the Converting Manager.
- Ensures all products meet the Outlook Nebraska quality standards.
- Maintain a safe work environment for all associates.
- Conduct staff meetings to relay general information or to address specific topics such as safety.
- Evaluate associate performance, and along with department manager prepare performance appraisals.
- Plan work schedules and assign duties to maintain adequate staffing levels, to ensure that activities are performed effectively and efficiently based on workload.
- File necessary paperwork as needed.
- Participate in training meetings as need for safety, quality or other needs.
- Ability to understand the need for and promote the process and documentation of all movements of materials.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Coaching & Development - Works to improve and reinforce performance of others. Takes responsibility for one’s direct reports’ performance by setting clear goals and expectations by providing constructive feedback.
- Conflict resolution - Has the ability to identify resolutions that satisfy everyone involved in a conflict. Is Assertive in initiating difficult conversations by directing without controlling. Converting reactions into responses to achieve win-win outcomes.
- Creativity/innovation - Open to new ideas and innovation. And willing to question the status quo and implement new processes when necessary.
- Decision-making – Ability of thinking through a process and arriving to a consensus, either by one’s self or collaborating with others, and following through with that action.
- Delegation - Ability to align people to accomplish goals by capitalizing on the expertise of others, rapidly able to accomplish goals by assigning tasks effectively by recognizing the strengths of others.
- Detail Oriented - verifies important details, ensures there are no surprises or gaps in needed information
- Honesty/integrity - Displays behavior that is ethical and honest serving as a role model for others and perform actions that demonstrate their values.
- Initiative – Does more than is required or expected in the job; performs work that has not been directed, Plans ahead for upcoming problems or opportunities and takes appropriate action.
- Interpersonal Communications/Relationships – ability to identify, understand, and anticipate the emotions, concerns and thoughts of others. Promotes a friendly climate by maintaining cooperation, pride, trust, and team spirit. Reflects a positive attitude, promotes teamwork, speaks positively about others, and treats others with respect.
- Personal Accountability - Assumes personal accountability for general work duties, achieving goals, meeting deadlines, and fulfills commitments to all team members. Accepts responsibility for both good and bad performance and behavior and applies constructive feedback to improve.
- Resourcefulness – Ability to get things done in the face of obstacles and constraints by identifying what’s in front of one and optimizing available means.
- Results Driven - Meets or exceed specific goals and objectives focusing on results, not the process, and leverages resources and solves problems creatively to get the job done.
- Teamwork - actively participates in team. Encourages co-operation. Aware of needs of others and responds flexibly. Shares information and supports team members.
- Verbal Communication - speaks with clarity, precision and purpose in small and large groups.
Required Education & Experience
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a leadership role preferred
- Proficient with MS Office products (Outlook Express, Word, Excel)